Sunday, November 20, 2005

Street Promoz!!!




In Chicago October is "Artist Month". During this time arts organizations and the city government celebrates and encourages support of the visual arts and it's Chicago based creators. The School of the Art Institute of Chicago displayed banners to promote its scholarship promotional called "Barewalls". This is an event where the alumni create art on canvas while supporters quietly bid on the works in a silent auction. It usually raises over $80,000.00 dollars for it's alumni scholarship fund. I earned a BFA in Art Education and MAAT in Art Therapy from the school. The banners featured images of several artists working during past "Barewalls" events. The central photo was one of myself. I had no idea it was going to happen. A friend of mine saw it downtown and called screaming to tell me. At the high school where I teach a student walked up to me and asked, "Mr. Onli, are you sort of famous or something? I saw you on a flag downtown promoting some art thing." After this I went to photo the banner. Needless to say I was surprised and honored by the whole thing. Sounds like an endorsement. The number one art school in the USA using the image of its Rhythmistic alum to promote the school.

Word!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home